SMG Warehouse Supervisor in Wichita, Kansas
Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, transporting, and maintaining stock records in warehouse; experience with staffing, scheduling and training new employees.
- Ensure accuracy in purchasing of all food products.
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Interact with customers, vendors and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ensures inventory counts are accurate before, monthly.
- Reports to Warehouse Manager in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Supervise multiple locations throughout the venue.
- Follow all rules and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage.
- Prervious supervisory experience.
- Previous experience within warehouse environment and food handling.
- Basic math ability to accurately count.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lead a team and work with co-workers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 80 lbs, substantial standing and walking; finger dexterity to write and utilize keyboard.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled