SMG Prep-Cook in Wichita, Kansas
Position requires working in the arena environment and preparing food items. Requires good customer service skills, positive attitude, and knowledge of food service and food preparation.
- Prepare recipes as directed; measure ingredients and prepare them in accordance to chef's specifications.
- Wash and peel ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals.
- Cut and portion different types of meat according to specifications.
- Prepare different types of food, carefully following the recipes.
- Accept or reject ingredients from food supplier based on their appearance and quality.
- Keep track of ingredient quantities and ensure there are always enough for the next day/week/event.
- Store ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are preserved.
- Clean and sanitize the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area.
- Carefully direct the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature.
- Must take direction well.
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Report to Executive Chef in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Chef.
- Prior catering or kitchen work in food service.
- Basic math.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a good attitude required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Knowledge of food storage and temperature.
- Ability to read and follow recipes and directions.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 40 lbs, substantial standing and walking. Hand and finger dexterity to chop, dice, prep food, and open containers and close containers.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled