SMG Payroll and Payable Accountant in Wichita, Kansas
Process multiple payrolls, bi-weekly through ADP Enterprise EV5. Assist in the daily financial operations.
- Process multiple SMG facility payrolls bi-weekly.
- Process all wage garnishments, deductions, and payments for applicable employees, in a timely manner.
- Calculate and process vacation, sick, and other time-off benefits each payroll.
- Prepare payroll adjustments.
- Prepare manual checks, maintain check log and post to ADP Enterprise EV5.
- Download into ADP Enterprise EV5 e-Time hours form all departments.
- Prepare and update payroll journal entries.
- Prepare accounts payable checks and match with corresponding invoice and purchase request forms.
- Accurately input payable invoices into Sage 50 (Peachtree) daily.
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Perform bank reconciliation.
- Monthly reconciliation of payable and payroll balance sheet accounts.
- Assists with the event settlement process.
- Custodian of petty cash.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass a background and credit check.
- ADP Enterprise EV5 experience is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll processing and ADP Enterprise EV5 payroll processing and e-Time software.
- Must be able to demonstrate generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge in Sage 50 (Peachtree) accounting software preferred.
- Understanding of payroll taxes, laws, regulations, and overtime calculations.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with many interruptions.
- Ability to adapt within an ever changing environment.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure with close attention to detail and in an organized manner.
To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the ability to work a limited number of hours, nights, or weekends. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting education or equivalent experience.
- ADP Enterprise EV5 experience.
This position requires stooping/lifting/standing/sitting for an extended amount of time/ walking/keyboarding/talking. Must be able to write, type, use telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled