SMG Catering Attendant in Wichita, Kansas
Lawrence Dumont Stadium: Serve guests in a buffet setting and processes payments correctly as needed. Regular attendance and conformance with the policies established by SMG is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Promptly take orders and deliver orders to guests.
- Deliver guests beverages.
- Independent cashier, responsible for accuracy.
- Anticipate guest needs and attend to guests appropriately.
- Make sure work area is clean.
- Inventories on a predetermined basis.
- Make sure all storerooms are clean, organized and secured.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Interact with guests and team members in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Catering responsibilities, as required, include preparation and set up of event, distribution of food, maintain guest contact, refilling beverages and buffet stations, breakdown of all food, beverage and equipment used for the event.
- Report to SAVOR... Manager.
- Follow all rules and regulations which apply to the Savor and SMG.
- Efficient cash and credit card handling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service
- Cash handling and credit card processing experience.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes.
- Ability to pass background/credit check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. Eligible to work in United States.
This position requires bending, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs, substantial standing and walking. Ability to work in various weather conditions.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled