Wolters Kluwer Associate Trainer II in Wichita, Kansas
18-17914 – Associate Trainer II - Service Excellence
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is looking for an Associate Trainer II to join our team in our Wichita office location.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is one of the world’s leading providers of tax, accounting and audit information, solutions and services. We integrate deep local knowledge with leading workflow technology solutions to deliver insightful, industry-leading resources, as well as step-by-step guidance, on a wide variety of tax and accounting issues.
We serve as a strategic partner to professionals, helping them advance their businesses by providing innovative, integrated and customer-focused solutions that support the workflow of CPAs, corporate tax and accounting departments, tax attorneys and auditors to enhance their productivity and profitability. These market-leading solutions help them research and navigate complex regulations, comply with legislation, manage their businesses and advise clients with speed, accuracy and efficiency. Our key customers include accounting firms, corporate tax and auditing departments, national and state government agencies, universities and libraries.
Associates serve as entry-level professionals in the Service Excellence organization. They perform a defined scope of work in a particular work area. This position requires that the individual interact with multiple departments to assess learning needs and create appropriate training material for the Service Excellence function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and develop learning content, instructor led and eLearning, for specific learning programs related to products, process, and procedures;
• Collaborate with others in the organization to create learning solutions and curriculum plans to improve training within Service Excellence and other Wolters Kluwer business units;
• Analyzes departmental learning needs and identifies knowledge gaps to develop and deliver training;
• Facilitates training initiatives live and virtually and monitors, evaluates, or records training activities or program effectiveness;
• Receive work requests from intra and inter departmental staff, complete in a timely manner, review/proofread own and other’s work to ensure quality;
• Receive and understand feedback from subject matter experts on the content of your work;
• Partner with HR & Managers to develop and manage a certification process that aligns with our job levels and functions;
• Executes on processes or projects within a defined function;
• Responsible for Intra-departmental coordination to ensure completion of assigned tasks;
• Manage small to medium project efforts; organization, process flowing, task completion
• Identify, resolve, and escalate issues when necessary
• Identify root causes in trends and patterns and provide potential solutions
• Identify and document trends regarding reoccurring issues.
• Provide general reporting on data/status to management as requested
• Document activities and progress on initiatives
• Support co-workers and promote a positive work environment.
• Secure and keep confidential product and customer data.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business or related field or equivalent experience
• 2-4 years’ experience with Adult Learning and training design preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications: (First list requirements, followed by preferences.)
• Beginner to intermediate skills developing eLearning, using Adobe Captivate, and working within learning management systems.
• Experience creating learning content that will be delivered in class or online.
• Experience mentoring and coaching others.
• Demonstrates excellent written, verbal communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Intermediate to advanced skills in training design software: Captivate, Storyboard, Camtasia, SnagIt
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Working in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Utilizing highly developed communication skills, including both excellent verbal skills and accurate written communication.
• Is persistent in overcoming challenges to accomplish goals
• Awareness of the larger business conditions that will impact day-to-day work.
• Ideal candidates would demonstrate an ability to making a difference daily, upholding commitments, being curious for knowledge, speaking up and sparking innovation.
• Advanced Desktop and mobile computing skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Service orientation – high commitment to meeting needs of customers & colleagues and delivering stellar service
• Advanced professional communication skills both written and verbal
• Articulate complex information clearly
• Detail oriented and able to own, organize, and prioritize workloads to handle multiple top priorities
• Ability to work constructively in a fast-paced, collaborative, matrixed team environment
• Strong work ethic and passion for excellence
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ability to perform job duties in accordance with standards
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled