SMG Alcohol Compliance Officer in Wichita, Kansas
Watchful of guests' alcohol consumption and looking out for underage drinking. This part-time position requires a skillful eye.
- Recognize and react to alcohol violations get assistance when needed.
- Observe and report any policy violation of SAVOR... staff and non-profit groups.
- Report guest issues to event security.
- Check ID of persons drinking alcohol if they appear under age 35.
- Actively walk arena floor during event's to monitor that the allowed number of alcoholic beverages are being purchased.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food and Beverage.
- Follow rules and regulations set-forth through TIPS.
- Communicate activities at the end of shift with management.
- Report to Concessions Manager, for assigned location.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Follow rules and regulations which apply to TIPS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a good attitude required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Prior law enforcement, security and/or military experience desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to ask for ID from someone drinking alcohol with common characteristics of an underage patron.
- Ability to identify a fake ID.
- Ability to communicate politely and effectively in the proper situation.
- Skilled with handling situations that may require additional assistance.
- Ability to maintain kind and helpful attitude.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
This position requires walking, standing, stooping and may reacquire lifting up to 50 lbs, substantial standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled