RJ Corman Railroad Group Groundsman - Wellington, KS in Wellington, Kansas
R. J. Corman Railroad serves all seven North American major railroads, many regional and short line railroads and dozens of industries having rail. Services include owning and operating eleven short lines, providing emergency rail services associated with derailments and natural disasters, switching, track construction, track material distribution, signal design/construction, building switching locomotives and operating a dinner train.
R.J. Corman Railroad Services is currently seeking Groundsman/Laborers in Wellington, KS.
- Ensures working conditions are safe and that proper PPE is being used as job duties require.
- Throwing blocks
- Pulling winch cables
- Assisting in the rigging of machinery
- Maintain CDL Class A and Current DOT Medical Card
- Safely drive commercial and non-commercial company vehicles to and from job sites
- Follow DOT regulations; ensuring proper permits and driving regulations are followed.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Utilization of powered and unpowered hand tools
- Facility maintenance to include:
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Live within 45 minutes of the work location.
- Possess a current CDL A and DOT medical card.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge, or Education and Experience: Prefer previous construction experience and/or mechanical aptitude. Safety conscious with high regard to other employees working with and near equipment. Must be a team player and willing to learn all phases of job requirements. Will require being away from home for extended periods.
Physical Requirements: Mobility to participate in frequent, regular travel required among all derailment company, customer and supplier locations; lifting of up to 50 pounds in the performance of duties. Agility to navigate into confined spaces if necessary.
Environmental Conditions: Performs duties outside in all weather conditions and at construction sites wherever they may be.
Job Dimensions: Performs duties under direct supervision, given general direction with limited discretion. Does not supervise employees.
If you are interested in joining our team of Railroad professionals, click “apply now” to begin your online application!
RJ Corman Railroad is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to a safe and drug free work place. RJ Corman performs pre-employment criminal background checks and substance abuse testing which includes a hair and urine drug tests to detects the presence of illegal drugs. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping RJ Corman a safe and drug free company.
Date Posted: 3/29/2018
Location: Wichita Railroad Services
HR Company: RJ Corman Railroad Services LLC